The mission of the American Guild of Organists is to enrich lives through organ and choral music. To achieve this, members of the AGO:
- encourage excellence in the performance of organ and choral music
- inspire, educate, and offer certification for organists and choral conductors
- provide networking, fellowship, and mutual support
- nurture future generations of organists
- promote the organ in its historic and evolving roles
- engage wider audiences with organ and choral music
The local chapter of the AGO includes the city of Tallahassee and the Big Bend region of northern Florida. Its members meet regularly for presentations, workshops and organ recitals at local churches and FSU. The Tallahassee AGO is also heavily involved as a co-sponsor of the Tallahassee Sacred Music Conference, held biennially to explore the rich tradition and practice of music for worship. At present, the executive board of the local chapter includes Dean Joseph Kraus, Secretary Patty Herrington and Treasurer Ed Self. Nathaniel Brown serves as board member-at-large. For more information about the Tallahassee chapter and its upcoming events, please visit www.tallahasseeago.org, or e-mail Dean Kraus (email@example.com).